Saturday, September 29, 2012

For the Deacon

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning.

Before I share my wonderful card, the season's are changing; in the spiritual realm along with everything else. God is so good that He ALWAYS...yes ALWAYS sends a word when you need it.

Before I share the scriptures of what God led me to...all I can say is, He sent His word and healed them [me], and delivered them [me] from their [my] destruction. Sometimes, we go before God asking Him for direction but want to move before we hear or grow impatient. I serve an amazing, merciful, and gracious Lord.

Galatians 6:9
Colossians 1:11-12 (NIV)
James 1: 2-4 (TLB)

On to the card. One of the Deacon's at my church is celebrating a milestone. I love him dearly and he is such a wonderful person. I know that he will love the card.  I had an idea in my head already inspired from the JustRite gallery.  



Since his birthday is in the fall, i used lots of fall colors.


I stamped the leaves with the Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves and colored and distressed them with the colors above. I didn't want them shiny so I left them as they were. I had some leaves left over that I'm going to use for another project I'm working on.





I wanted the corners to stand out a bit so I glossy accented them and the frame on the inside.



I used the Spellbinders Antique Frame & Accents. Let me tell you, I wanted this die since I saw it. I tried finding it at Michael's and at Joann's but could not. I finally broke down and purchased it off eBay (which means no coupon), but I am so happy I did...it is so versatile and pretty.



Well, hope you all enjoyed the card and I hope my encouragement can help you in your walk also.

God be praised.



No comments:

Post a Comment