Monday, October 29, 2012

Swaps at YPP

Happy Monday all. I have been busy with swaps and a few other things. I finally got my swaps out the door and I liked and enjoyed them all. I'm still learning. I need to visualize a project to the end and then start putting it together instead of working as I go along. I've been art journaling and am enjoying it. I now have multiple journals available for use. I cleaned my desk and found some old books that will work great.

I participated in 3 swaps, vintage Christmas cards, altered domino, and artsy envelopes.

I've also decided that I will join a mail swap group. Altering and making the envelopes is great. It gives me a chance to use of scrap papers, magazine pages, maps, etc. I'm looking forward to it. I've gotten a few names and hope to write about 5 letters this week.

I haven't in a while, but want to participate in an event at Scraps of Color. Not sure what yet.

Well here are the altered items I've made. Time to get started on Christmas cards. I added snowtex to each of them.



I wanted my postcards to be mailable as postcards so I kept them simple. The last on I got a bit stumped on.

The dominoes I wanted to do Christmas themes since there was no theme required. I luv the way they came out.



I added beads to the one on the left and the right. The center one I added glitter flakes.

I stamped sentiments on card stock and glued them to the back of the ribbons.



These are my envelopes. I like them all but must say the one on the top left is my fav. I like the dark sky colors and looks like the trees are in front of the sky. I used paints, napkins, watercolor crayons. I like them.

Hope you enjoyed the visit.

Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment