Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Art Journaling

Hi all. I've been learning some new things and art journaling is one of them.  I love the creativity and freedom it gives. Nothing is wrong, nothing has to be perfect and I can create whatever. I had most of the items already except for a stencils. I learned a lot just from doing this one page. I also found a way to use up some Halloween paper I have. I am not big on Halloween, but n-tee-who here is my page.

I used paint from Michael's since I'm just trying this. I printed out the image on plain paper and started. My original thought was for wings behind him, but once I cut them out I could only find one on my desk.

OK, so what went wrong.
1. I don't like glossy mod podge.
2. I did not mode podge the entire page.
3. I used too much modge podge, hence the wrinkles in his face.
4. My rub-ons (play & laugh) got stuck to the page and covered up his name.

Kudos:

I luv the modeling paste
I luv the way it came together
Luv the elements that represent this young man
Luv that I used paper that I want to get rid off but incorporated on the page...I like them.


Overall, I am really proud of my 1st try. I so love that anything goes. The little mummy is from a swap at YPP. I have not decided what I'm going to journal today but have a few thoughts. I the matte collage pauge, which I will be trying...sure it will.

I think I'm going to have to stick a post it at my desk the things I want to journal so I do them and don't forget.

Well all, just wanted to share my 1st art journaling page.

Remember no matter what; this is the day that our Lord has made and I [we] shall rejoice and be glad in it.

toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment