Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It Almost Looked Like Christmas

Let me first start off by saying 2 things. I know it's Feb and I'm late posting this. 2nd  - I'm still learning crafting and time lines.

I started too late...making my Christmas cards. I actually started in November and thought I would have had them done. I believe I would have but I went on a deployment for work for a week, came back sick, and was down til mid December. I stayed in bed that weekend I got back...the ENTIRE weekend. I had no strength.


The only person that received a Christmas card from me was my mom. I had to get it done to mail her Christmas gift with it.


I used a Sizzix textures plate that I got from Joann's. I really like it. It don't recall the name of it, but it's clear. I inked the plate with Stampin' Up and ran it through my machine. The green cardstock I used the Cuttlebug Honeycomb folder. This one also has a border folder. The seam binding I purchased on eBay a while ago and I do not recall which online store the fabric flower is from.



I used Lindy's Stamp Gang scintillating silver on the sentiment. BUT...I should have sprayed then stamped. My mom liked the card, which is what matters.

I tried to use a variety of my dies; some had never been used.

I actually got a few more cards done but did not get them mailed. I think next near I will definitely have to start in late summer to complete them.

 


Stampin' Up Wondrous Wishes

The card with Santa and the children took me the longest. I don't believe I will ever try to stamp a color another image when I have so many cards to do.




This is 4 seperate cards. I think I was getting tired of making cards at this point.


My vintage take.
This is my favorite card.I like that it feels vintage and has the feel of old times; using what you have in the house to make cards...(the raffia, the plastic snowflake, burlap).

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment